Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I hate my eggs sunny-side-up

The very thought of the thick, gooey yellow flow of this morning grub just makes me want to...well, some things are better left unsaid (I mean, untyped).

Quite ironically, the name is one of my favorites. I love the way the very uttering of the words - sunny-side-up - demands a smile even as you speak it. More so, I appreciate the intent behind it. As if to imply that there is a not so cheery, happy or bright side to the egg.

I am not sure about the egg, but I sure have this side to me. I too easily focus on the bad and the ugly of things, lose my joy and embrace pessimism. Not all the time, but it still happens way more often than I am pleased to admit.

I am making an effort to deny this side of me any thought or time. So, even on the worst day I vow to find something to smile about (and blog about).
Here is to spending life SUNNY-SIDE-UP!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sap,
Loved the layout, its so bright and so sunny side up (loved the profile picture too)!!! You write beautifully .. so keep it up. Could sure use the 1-4-1 rule around here.
Keep blogging!!!!

BC

Post a Comment