Monday, January 4, 2010

free recycle - freecycle!

Sometimes I find myself with an old piece of something that I am not using anymore. One thing you should know about me is that I hate storing things...I am not sure why but I think it may have something to do with the space it takes or may be the lack of purpose of something sitting on a shelf and may be even the fact that someone somewhere might benefit from it while I use it simply as a dust collector. A lot of times all it calls for is filling a few boxes and making a trip to the local thrift store. However sometimes, quite rarely, but still there are times when I find myself with odd objects that I am not sure what to do with but seems wrong to chuck them in the trash. Ex: the door that had to be replaced when we moved in to our new home, the ample boxes that swallowed up my garage after our move, leftover paint...you know what I mean?

Well, found the solution! Freecycling! At this site I can get and give stuff. Visit the site at http://www.freecycle.org/

I read about it on a friends blog recently...can you believe she was able to recycle some leftover chocolate birthday cake on this website...love it!!! Imagine not having to fill our landfills with things that do not need to be there!!!
It is a non-profit website that enables people to get and give things for free within their own town/community. Membership is free and all things must be FREE. Check it out!

Hmm...now if only I could find some way to flatten all those boxes in my garage....where is that hubby of mine???

0 comments:

Post a Comment